This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the whey plant while effectively leading employees to safely and efficiently produce the specified quality and quantity of products meeting all in process and customer quality specifications.
- Ensure all quality standards and procedures are maintained, including Food Quality and Food Safety standards.
- Participate on cross functional teams and meetings to ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes, methods, productivity, Good Manufacturing Practices, safety and quality, while working to reduce costs where possible.
- Coordinate all shift activities to ensure maximum efficiency of production and sanitation functions and coordinate with the proceeding and/or following shifts to ensure a smooth and efficient transition between shifts.
- Evaluate processes and methods, recommend measures to improve production, equipment performance, utilization of people, safety and quality of product.
- Act as a technical resource to address and resolve inquiries and problems regarding production or quality and assist workers in solving work problems.
- Maintain and control departmental supplies, tools, equipment, etc. and order as necessary.
- Ensure the completion of all required production paperwork, records, inventory, inspection, sanitation reports, documentation, processing/CIP charts, maintenance work orders, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations, and departmental housekeeping standards.
- Assist in troubleshooting equipment failures when necessary.
- Demonstrate leadership by implementing programs in training, safety, communications, performance recognition, and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee productivity.
- Responsible for project management, implementation and training in assigned area of WPC80 or Lactose. (S11)
- Understand and contribute to the department’s level 2 scorecard. Develop and maintain a level 3 scorecard for their specific area of responsibility. (S11)
- Operate and monitor assigned food safety preventative controls including verification activities, equipment operation, records requirements, corrective action database and complete the required periodic training requirements.
- Decision Making
- Teamwork Oriented
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Detail Oriented
- Conflict Management
This position is directly responsible for hiring and performance management of whey plant employees.
This job operates in a food production environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to chemicals, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, hours of work will vary.Day shift hours of work will be on an alternating schedule. Night shift hours of work will be on an alternating schedule, based on coverage needs. Generally a three week rotating schedule, working every third weekend. Approximately 10 hour shifts, averaging 45 hours per week.
Occasional travel is expected for this position.